3. Modifying & extending LAMMPS¶
LAMMPS is designed in a modular fashion so as to be easy to modify and extend with new functionality. In fact, about 95% of its source code is add-on files. These doc pages give basic instructions on how to do this.
If you add a new feature to LAMMPS and think it will be of interest to general users, we encourage you to submit it for inclusion in LAMMPS as a pull request on our GitHub site, after reading this page.
- 3.3. Atom styles
- 3.4. Pair styles
- 3.5. Bond, angle, dihedral, improper styles
- 3.6. Compute styles
- 3.7. Fix styles
- 3.8. Input script command style
- 3.9. Dump styles
- 3.10. Kspace styles
- 3.11. Minimization styles
- 3.12. Region styles
- 3.13. Body styles
- 3.14. Thermodynamic output options
- 3.15. Variable options