3. Build LAMMPS¶
LAMMPS is built as a library and an executable from source code using either traditional makefiles for use with GNU make (which may require manual editing), or using a build environment generated by CMake (Unix Makefiles, Ninja, Xcode, Visual Studio, KDevelop, CodeBlocks and more).
As an alternative you can download a package with pre-built executables or automated build trees as described on the Install page.
- 3.1. Build LAMMPS with CMake
- 3.2. Build LAMMPS with make
- 3.3. Link LAMMPS as a library to another code
- 3.4. Basic build options
- 3.5. Optional build settings
- 3.6. Include packages in build
- 3.7. Packages with extra build options
- 3.8. Build the LAMMPS documentation
- 3.9. Notes for building LAMMPS on Windows
- 3.10. Notes for saving disk space when building LAMMPS from source
- 3.11. Development build options